DeSoto State Park is the place to camp in the great outdoors! DeSoto State Park features improved & primitive campground, with campsites located in a wooded, mountainous setting. Backpacking Campsites are an option as well.
DeSoto State Park's Improved Campground has a total of 94 full hook-up sites, with 2 comfort stations centrally located that have restrooms, showers, & coin-laundry. Each site can accommodate any size of large camping units. Tents are also welcome on the back-in sites. Picnic tables & grills are located at each site.
- 50/30 Amp Service, Cable TV, & Wi-fi hotspots at each comfort station (wifi does not reach to every campsite)
- All sites with sewer, water, & electric.
- All sites average 16 feet by 60 feet deep
- Large offsets for slide-outs and picnic tables. Grills on each site.
- Two large comfort stations with showers & coin-operated laundry.
- There can be 1 RV & 1 tent on a site, or two tents on a site only.
- Back-In Sites, Pull-Thru Sites, & 'Buddy' Sites available(Specify what type site when making reservation, specific sites are not reserved)
- Please make two (2) separate reservations for the buddy sites to ensure both you and your buddy will have a site reserved.
- Improved Campsite Specific Reservations available in person, online, or by phone.
RATES VARY DEPENDING ON SEASON AND HOLIDAYS. CALL 256-845-5075
- One-time Reservation Fee for all overnight accommodations - $5.00. 4% Resort Fee applied to each night.
- Cancellation of a reservation has to be within 72 hours of arrival.
- Check out time: 11:00 AM Check in time: 2:00 pm
- Two-night minimum on weekends.
- Three-night minimum on major holidays.
- A deposit of one-night's rent plus resort and transaction fees are required to hold a reservation.
- Fees based on 8 persons with a maximum of 8 persons per site. Fees subject to change without notice.
- Please note, cell service may be spotty through-out the park, and wifi does not reach to every site in the Improved campground.
- We recommend that reservations for holiday weekends should be made at least 3 months in advance.
When traveling to the park, please be advised that GPS directions are NOT reliable (especially when pulling a large rig). Please see our written driving directions on the webpage Plan Your Trip. *Larger vehicles need to avoid Tutweiler Gap (off of Hwy 117), Wades Gap (Co. Rd. 604), Beasons Gap (off of Co. Rd. 89). Trailers or Rvs also need to avoid County Road 613(road to DeSoto Falls) *If coming from I-59, we advise campers/larger vehicles to use Exits 218 or 222 and utilize AL Hwy 35.
- For more information or to make a reservation by phone, please call the Country Store at 1-800-760-4089 or 1-800-ALAPARK.
- On arrival in DeSoto State Park, check in at DeSoto's Country Store & Information Center
- Country Store Hours: Open 7 Days a Week: 9:00 am -5:00 pm (CST).
- For camping check-in after hours, stop by DeSoto State Park's Lodge or call 256.845.0051 for assistance.
FREE WiFi Hotspots
*Campground Comfort Stations
* Lodge Lobby
* Motel Rooms
* Park Office
* Country Store
Please note, cell service may be spotty through-out the park, and wifi does not reach to every site in the Improved campground.