RV and Primitive Campground
CLICK HERE for Monthly Reservation Request Form
for November 2021 - March 2022
(form active December 1, 2020 at 8am through December 2, 2020 at 5pm)
Monthly Bookings For November 2021-March 2022 Update:
In order to serve you most efficiently and safely, we are implementing a few changes to the process for making monthly reservations for November 2021 through March 2022. We can’t thank you enough for your patience and support while we worked to reopen the campground after damage from Hurricane Sally, and we hope you find this year’s monthly booking process to serve you well during this most unusual year.
Due to COVID-19 guidelines, we will not be taking walk-in reservations for monthly bookings for November 2021 through March 2022. We recognize this has the potential to cause long wait times on the phone and require campers to continue calling to reach a reservationist and make a booking. Our desire is to prevent you from spending an inconvenient amount of time on the phone to make your reservation, so we will be implementing a call-back system. Any camper who desires to make a monthly booking must complete the Monthly Booking Request Form which will be posted on the Gulf State Park website at 8am on December 1, 2020 and will be available through 5pm on December 2, 2020. The form must be completed in its entirety. Only one form should be completed per household.
Call-backs (beginning December 2, 2020) will be made in the order the completed forms are received. To ensure that all campers are prepared to quickly complete the actual form beginning December 1, we have created an example form for your review.
The purpose of the form is to expedite the booking process and help us best serve you once speaking with you on the phone. Your responses on the request form do not guarantee your site or dates.
All call-backs will be returned by Monday, December 7. Beginning December 8, any remaining monthly sites will be available for booking by phone. Please note that no phone reservations for November 2021-March 2022 monthly sites will be accepted until December 8.
Please thoroughly review the following rules for reserving monthly sites for November 2021 through March 2022. These rules are in place to help us most fairly provide advanced monthly camping reservations:
- All monthly reservations require a $200 deposit at time of booking plus a non-refundable $4.75 reservation fee. The $200 deposit will be applied to the final month of the reservation.
- The $200 deposit is only refundable if the reservation is cancelled by August 1, 2021.
- No reduction in the number of months will be permitted after reservation has been made. Campers must either keep or cancel the entire reservation.
- If a camper does not arrive by the 10th day of their booking, the reservation will be cancelled, and the site considered vacant unless the camper calls to make arrangements and pay for the month in full.
- If a camper cancels a monthly booking, there will be a 30-day waiting period before that camper’s household can make another monthly reservation.
We are excited to announce that the new online camping reservation system is now live. Feel free to make your reservations by using the new online tool, calling the park office or simply walking in. We encourage advance reservations. Please keep in mind this online reservation system is new. If you experience any issues we would appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing the Alabama State Parks.
Welcome to Gulf State Park Campground
Located 1.5 miles from the white sand beaches, Gulf State Park Campground offers 496 improved full - hookup campsites with paved pads and with 11 primitive sites. Tents are welcome on all sites.
All full hookup camping pads are large enough for RVs with pullouts and have picnic tables, pedestal grill tops (no fire rings yet but you are welcome to bring your own that are above ground). There are 11 modern, air-conditioned bathhouses throughout the Campground.
- 11 bathouses (6 of these are currently being renovated)
- Laundry facilities
- Access to trails that connect to all 28 miles of trails
- Campstore with food, firewood, camping supplies, souvenirs, bike rentals and more for sale
- Nature Center with native flora and fauna displays and ongoing weekly activities
- Swimming pool with splash pad
- Tennis/pickle ball courts
- Horseshoe courts
- Volleyball courts
***ATTN: We are happy to announce that some of our bathhouses at the Campground are getting a much needed upgrade! Bathhouses 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, and 11 will be closed starting on July 1, 2020 for a complete renovation of the facilities. This will be a great improvement for our guests at the Campground!
For faster service please try online first. The system does go down occasionally so please feel free to call us at (251) 948-7275 ext 1.
We have camper storage for $50 per month. Please email email@example.com for more info.
- Waverunners and jet skis are not allowed in Gulf State Park Lake Shelby for safety reasons.
- Firewood: Buy it where you burn it. Leave firewood at home. Transporting firewood can bring invasive insects to our delicate forest. Please do not bring firewood with you.
- Gulf State Park is home to many types of wildlife, including alligators. Please be aware at all times. For detailed information, please see our Wildlife Safety recommendations.