24921 AL Highway 101
Town Creek, Alabama 35672
Cabin Office Hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Daily
This area, known as Wheeler Dam Village, was a construction camp as Wheeler Dam was built. It had recreational buildings, schoolhouse, utility services, employee housing, and dormitories. During the peak employment in 1935, the camp accommodated over 1,000 workers.
The brick cabins were built by the Tennessee Valley Authority soon after work started on Wheeler Dam in 1933. Since the dam was in a remote area and the roads were inadequate, a large number of employees had to be housed at the dam site. The cabins were first occupied by construction executives and later by the plant operators.
The wood frame cabins were built as temporary housing for other workmen and their families. They were built to only last for 2-3 years, but these cabins are still standing strong today.
- The cabins are located on the south side of the Tennessee River near Wheeler Dam. This area has accessibility to both Wheeler and Wilson Lakes. There is a boat launch for Wheeler Lake in the cabin area, and boat launch across HWY 101 at Wheeler Dam for Wilson Lake.
- The brick cabins are located on a bluff with limited views of the Tennessee River. The wood frame cabins are in this area, but they do not have a river view. All brick cabins have working fireplaces except Cabin #4. Firewood can be purchased at the Cabin Office.
- Note: there is no access to the river from the cabins.
- Cabins have central heating and cooling.
- We have cabins that will accommodate 4 persons to 15 persons. The cabins have basic housekeeping and cooking supplies. Linens are provided, and each cabin has TVs with basic Dish Network.
PLEASE NOTE: The Cabin Area at Wheeler Dam is about 14 miles from the Lodge, Campground, Marina, Golf Course, and other facilities.
WOOD FRAME CABINS
4 Capacity Wood Frame Cabin = $90
6 Capacity Wood Frame Cabin = $96
4 Capacity Brick Cabin = $96
6 Capacity Brick Cabin = $118
8 Capacity Brick Cabin = $122
15 Capacity Brick Cabin = $212
*Prices do not include 8% Lodging Tax
NOTE: 3.75% Resort Fee and $4.75 Non-Refundable One Time Reservation Fee per stay
- Standard Rate equals each cabin's capacity; Each additional person will be $10 per person. No more than 2 people allowed above capacity.
- Registered cabin guests have complimentary access to the lodge swimming pool during summer months.
- Dogs are allowed in Cabin #3, #11 and #30 only; Request a dog-friendly cabin when making a reservation. Dog-Friendly Policy
- Two-night minimum on weekends during the peak season.
- Three-night minimum on Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and Thanksgiving Holidays.
- Cabins are NOT to be used for weddings, parties or gatherings. Only registered guests are allowed at the cabins.
- We accept reservations one year in advance.
**PLEASE NOTE: As a deposit, the first nights rent will be charged to your credit card at the time of reservation. Failure to cancel within 72 hours prior to your arrival will result in the loss of your deposit.
Check-in Time: 4:00 p.m.
Check-out Time: 11:00 a.m.
For more info or to make a reservation, call the Cabin Office at 256-685-2656 or 1-800-ALAPARK.